I knew this day would come….and although I am so excited that my baby girl is growing healthy and happy, hitting milestones and her personality is emerging; I’m also sad. It’s such a bittersweet feeling to say goodbye to a small, helpless, gurgling infant and welcome with open arms an energetic, talkative, mobile toddler. I will say that Malia has become such a fun little girl in the last month (especially so in the last 2 weeks). I don’t know if it’s because she is now sleeping all the way through the night, or if it’s just her age – but she is seriously so much fun. Her laughter, her smiles, her curiosity, her crawling….the list goes on and on. I was telling Shane just the other day that I finally feel like I really “know” Malia…..and I really like having her around. She completes our family and I just can’t imagine how we lived without her. Happy First Birthday my sweet baby girl!
Stats:
Weight: 23lbs, 5oz – 80th percentile
Height: 31.5 inches – 95th percentile
Head: 18 inches – 50th percentile
Latest and Greatest:
* On all table food – eats whatever we eat and enjoys every morsel of food she eats. The girl cannot get enough food – so much so, that after she eats her meal, she usually polishes off Jackson’s too.
*Drinking whole milk out of a sippy cup.
*Sleeping 730pm – 7:00am. YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!
*Wearing size 5 diapers
*Wearing 18 month clothing.
*Says Dada, Daddy, Hi, Bye and I swear she said Jackson and Thank you the other day.
*SCREAMS at any photos of her family –any photos. She can’t get enough of us.
*Would be the happiest girl in the world if she was constantly surrounded by balloons.
*Has figured out how to turn a full 360 degrees in a sitting position using her heels – it’s hilarious to watch.
*Is now sitting in the bathtub with her brother (not using the tub chair).
*Loves to crawl. Loves it.
*Pulls her self up to her knees – standing is just around the corner.
*Her pediatrician told us that she’s not allowed to tell us this, but she said that Malia is very smart and extremely social.
*Loves getting kisses from her big brother.
*Tickles from our noses on her cheeks bring out the best giggles I have ever heard.
1 comment:
She is so cute!! Congrats on a full year with both your kiddos!
Post a Comment