So I’ve finally caught up to September (hey, I’m getting there – finding time to blog with a 7 year old laptop with all the keys ripped off is quite difficult). Anyway – our friends Shawna and Topher invited us to Lake Chelan last year for Labor Day weekend, but unfortunately, we couldn’t make it. We promised them it was on the calendar for 2012 – and it’s been a much anticipated trip.
Lake Chelan is one of my few “happy places” (you know, those places that you envision when you are in an extreme amount of pain – cough *natural childbirth* cough). It’s quiet, at every angle of the lake the view is breathtaking, the weather is nothing less than perfect, the people are happy and it’s icing on the cake when the people you share your time with are amazing (we got those people!). This was one of those weekends where I can proudly say my friends have turned into family. We shared laughs, tears, funny moments (salsa dipping, Shawna), a few hangovers, and the kids were non-stop happy.
I got as many photos as I could, SHAWNA'S BLOG has 4 separate posts on Chelan. She is an awesome photographer – make sure to check out the photos she took of the moon on our final night.
Jenny & I rode over together with Jackson & Taya – our husband’s had to work. Not us Mommy’s!
Pit stop #1 Pit stop #2
Pit stop #3 (it should NOT take us 6 hours to get there!!!! Damn kids being potty-trained!)
Imagine waking up to this every morning…….Happy Place.
BEST.PICKLES.EVER. If you are ever in Leavenworth – please pick these up. If not for you, FOR ME!
Picking tomatoes with Auntie Shawna
One of my favorites from the weekend. Poor Malia, my water baby, just wanted to play in the water with the other kids. She was a good sport, but finally started whining a bit. Shane was comforting her here.
While all the kids went to the water park, Malia and I stayed back and had our own pool party….without water.
Happy Place.
Some of the best memories are created during drinking games.
We let Shawna and Topher know that we will be banging down their door every Labor Day weekend. They better like us.
1 comment:
I have been anticipating this post, and it didn't disappoint. We had the BEST time that weekend, and can't wait to do it again next year. Thank you for going with us, and making memories that will last forever. So glad you are part of our Ohana. xoxo
Post a Comment