Thursday, September 17, 2009

First Seahawks Sunday!!!!!


I'll never forget the date. September 13th, 2009 was the first of many Seahawks Sundays I got to spend with my son. It started early at 8AM even though the game wasn't for 5 more hours. Jackson woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to tailgate :) It started with ESPN pregame at 9AM followed by 2 boring games, Cleveland/Minnesota and Cincy/Denver. Jackson and I laid on the bed upstairs watching the games and at times it looked like he was going to literally ask me some questions.


After those games, we made the trip to my parents' house where everything was ready to go. Everyone was in their Seahawks blue and the snacks were ready! As the game went on, Jackson just sat there watching the game and never made a sound, although he did cry during both Matt Hasselbeck interceptions and I have to say, so did I. During a lull in the second quarter with the Hawks leading 7-0 and not much else going on, Jackson decided to "liven things up" by having a ridiculous back spreader that took the whole room by storm. (I know all you parents know what I'm talking about, and for those expecting just wait) It was absolutely ridiculous and a moment I'll never forget. 2 diapers, 30 wipes, and one Seahawks jersey later, the Seahawks started pounding the Rams to a tune of 28-0 and my son was awake to see it all, although toward the end he was pretty tired.


I'd like to think that Jackson's explosive moment was just a coincidence, but on a deeper level it looks as though he just wanted to get the party started. That's my son and it's a day I'll never forget!

No comments: