Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Back to work and new care!

I think this has been the fastest 8 weeks I have ever experienced in my life - the 8 weeks following Malia's birth!  A few months prior to Malia being born, my boss and I discussed how much time I was to take off for maternity leave. 8 weeks did not seem like nearly enough time, but it was either that or I be replaced (which I totally understand). At 7 weeks post-partum, my boss called  to check in and offered to let me bring Malia to work for the first few weeks to allow us both to get adjusted to life "back at work".  I WISH I could continue doing this - she is such a good baby, and my friend Maddie let me borrow her portable swing, which Malia LOVES. My heart just aches knowing I have to give her to someone else to watch.....but I must keep this job. They are so good to me, and I will kick myself if I lose it.....

To make matters more challenging, Jackson's care provider, his Nana finally went to the doctor after suffering through back aches for a long time. Turns out her back is a lot worse than she had thought it was and can't continue to watch Jackson - we want her to heal so that she will be able to play around with him in the future. 

Luckily, my best friend Diandra offered to watch Jackson 1.5 days a week while I am at work.  Jackson has known Diandra since birth and he absolutely ADORES her and her 2 kids, Logan (almost 4) and Scarlett (2).  He fits along perfectly with them, and Shane and I agree that he does so well with Diandra and her kids - I think the social interaction is JUST what he needs! He actually asks for "Aunty Dee, Wogan & Socket" every day! Plus, Diandra has an awesome yard and is always doing fun projects with her kids.  I know Jackson is already thriving there - I can't wait to see what he comes home with at "Auntie Dee's Daycare". 

Now we are just on the hunt for care for Malia. I think a small part of me is in denial that I actually have to give her up to someone else to care for her. Or maybe I am convinced that I can weasel my way into bringing her to work with me 1 day a week.  Either way, at least I know that it will all work out in the end.....look at how well it's turned out for Jackson. This kid is in HEAVEN!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a dream job you have, you got to take your baby to work! I'd work full time if I could do that! It looks like Jackson is having a blast with his new situation. Good luck finding something for Malia (who, by the way, is totally gorgeous and such a BIG girl, just like my Adelle!). Are you concerned about having them in two different places, or do you not really care if they are together for daycare?