Monday, August 17, 2009

Jackson's Newborn Photos : Photo Preview

Last Monday Jackson had his very first photo shoot - his Newborn photo shoot. Besides the paparazzi like photo session that he endured upon arrival into this world, as well as the ones he gets every time he goes to Grandma & Papa's house - this was the "real deal" and hopefully we will choose one of the many photos to use for his announcements (to be sent in the next couple of weeks......hopefully).
I found Jackson's photographer on a little known website called "The Bump". It's a follow-up website to "The Knot" which is the website that I used when planning our wedding. The Bump has a local message board where mommies post daily with their questions & comments regarding "life as a mommy". I have met quite a few friends from this website, and luckily, found Heather Culley, who is a new photographer looking to build her portfolio. At first, I was a little hesitant, because if you know me, I am pretty anal about having perfect photos and I don't trust just anyone with capturing our memories. But when Heather said she would give us a deal AND come to our house to do the photo shoot - I couldn't pass it up!

I have to say, just looking at these 5 photos from her photo preview, I am BEYOND happy! She definitely has the talent I was looking for and what a plus that she is so creative and PATIENT (she was at our house for over 3 hours for the photo shoot). We will definitely be using Heather again in the future and PLEASE let me know if you want Heather's contact information - before you know it, she's going to be ALL booked up ;)










2 comments:

Aron & Shelby said...

I LOVE the one where you are both holding him!! Such good photos! Of course it doesn't hurt having such an adorable son:)

Jess said...

Oh my god Bri, I love them!