Well yesterday was the dreadful day, the day of my surgery. I went into my surgery with high hopes and a positive outlook. I asked anyone and everyone to keep me and my family in their thoughts and prayers and said a few words to my God, asking for the best outcome possible. I think he got the message.
The procedure was expected to take 90 minutes and I was in & out of the OR in 30 minutes. At first, Shane thought something was wrong because my doc came into the waiting room 30 minutes after my procedure started - but my doc assured him that the surgery couldn't have gone better and I was doing just fine. The best part is that he DID NOT have to take my ovary! He got the tumor out just fine (showed us pictures and all) and I shouldn't have anymore problems.
So now I just need to spend the next few days recovering and taking care of myself. I think the hardest part is not being able to hold my precious son, Jackson. The nurse told me not to lift anything more than 5-10lbs.....well, Jackson is over 15lbs. So Shane is on daddy and mommy duty; and he is doing the best job ever. He is really pushing me to rest, take my pain meds and not lift one finger. I love him so much - he really is my rock.
We are also so very thankful for our parents who have helped take care of Jackson as well as Shane's sister, Leina and Katy DeSanctis for bringing us food. It's times like this that your true friends really stand out. We are so blessed and fortunate to have so many people reach out to us during this time- our friends ARE our family.....
No comments:
Post a Comment