Last Monday, we had some very special guests come to our house for dinner – the DeSanctis’ and the Port’s. You probably don’t know who these people are, but Shane and I do very well – and we were so lucky to have them over for the evening for dinner.
A little background: I went to elementary & high school with Sean Port – I think I’ve probably known him since I was 5 years old. I met Dennis DeSanctis in high school – so I’ve known him since I was about 15 years old.
When Shane and I met, we knew that we had a LOT of friends in common, but who knew that he went to elementary school with Dennis and had been playing basketball with both Dennis and Sean for YEARS. And then, when Shane was 22, he moved to Hawaii and lived with Sean Port! Small world.
So back to present time – Sean Port, his wife and 2 small children live in Oregon – but come back to visit his family about once a year. Dennis, Katy & Logan DeSanctis live about 2 miles from us and our boys just graduated from swim lessons together. On graduation day, we thought we would have a celebratory dinner (even though both boys failed - sad) but Logan hadn’t taken any naps that day – so we decided to do a do-over. Turns out Sean was in town – so we invited him as well.
I love the dynamic of Shane, Sean & Dennis – it’s like they always pick up right where they left off. And how awesome is it that they all 3 have first born boys all around the same age. Mokoa (Sean’s boy) is 21 months, Logan (Dennis’ boy) is 18 months and Jackson (duh, my kid) is 12 months.
I really hope that our little boys will be able to shoot hoops together one day – and make their daddy’s proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment