Monday, May 16, 2011

Malia’s BIRTH photos

After a MUCH anticipated wait, they have arrived – Malia’s birth photos.  Justine took over 700 photos, so I knew it would be awhile before I got them in hand, and the wait was well worth it.  She gave me over 100 edited photos – but I’ll post my favorites.

I know people probably think it’s weird that I had a photographer in the room, witnessing such a personal moment – but I don’t regret it for one second. Yes, she took photos of my junk – but I don’t care, in the moment I was SO happy she was there to document such an amazing experience for our family. And the after birth photos –ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS.  I know that every year on Malia’s birthday, I will look at these photos and cry – tears of happiness.  What a beautiful day this was, and Justine – THANK YOU for being there and providing our family with such cherished memories.

The labor photos of me look AWFUL – but after battling the flu the day before, 3 failed IV attempts and a completely drug-free labor….I was bound to look pretty haggard!M-6  M-10 M-11 M-44M-12  M-25 M-32 M-34 M-35 M-36 M-37 M-39 M-40

   M-62M-52 M-68 M-69 M-74 M-78 M-81 M-83 M-88 M-93M-92  M-96 M-98 M-103 M-104 M-111 M-117 M-118 M-122 M-123 M-131M-137

I know I’ve said it a million times, but I can’t thank my mom and husband enough. They were such a great team together, getting me through each contraction and every push was like it was the first one. The moment Malia arrived was such a special moment for all 3 of us (and Malia) – we are all bonded in a way no one will ever understand.

No comments: