Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother’s Day

IMG_7424
First Mother’s Day with 2 kids – I really don’t think it’s hit me yet that I am a mother to 2 kids….still waiting for that day when it hits me.  It will probably be in the Costco parking lot on a pouring down rain day while I’ve got a whiny toddler in the backseat covered in Pirates Booty crumbs yelling, “CARS” and a screaming baby hysterical because she just wants my boob. That’s when I will realize that every moment of my existence has prepared me for times like these….being a mother.

There wasn’t anything particular I wanted for Mother’s Day this year – I just wanted to do one thing – get a pedicure with my mom – and that I did. We spent Saturday afternoon, just me, mom and Malia getting pedicures and having a nice lunch. A great way to end the week of her being with us – and taking care of me.

Sunday was easy going and relaxed. Shane changed all the diapers and took over doing anything “mommy-related” – although I would have never asked for this. My kids are what makes me a mommy, I would never want to give that up.

IMG_7433IMG_7434 IMG_7432IMG_7401

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First of all, you look so great! I can't believe you just had a baby.
Second, that mug is the cutest thing in the world. If your husband did that with the kids all on his own, he is my hero. And I'm totally jealous.
Third, the photo of you and your TWO(!!) kids is adorable. You got a good one...even if it did take 5 million shots.
And finally, I love the three generations out for pedis! So great! The spa I go to has these cute little pink butterfly pedicure chairs for kids who come in with their moms and I can't wait to take my girls someday!
Happy belated Mother's Day!