Thursday, September 1, 2011

Port Ludlow weekend

After working almost EVERY.SINGLE.WEEKEND all summer, our family time had been put on hold – which makes this mama very sad.  I love my wedding coordinating business, but as most of you know – weddings run the summer and that’s where a lot of my time and energy has been spent.  Shane has done an amazing job of taking care of our 2 kids while I am gone 10, 12 and even a 14 hours a day….we needed some family time, just us 4. 

Since we are doing our best to save money – we needed a get-a-way where we wouldn’t have to pay to stay.  Luckily, my sister-in-law has a house in Port Ludlow. Nothing glamorous, but cozy, quaint and a short walk to the beach.  Plus, we have to take a ferry there – something Jackson (or Malia) has never experienced.

We left Saturday morning and came home Sunday night.  It was a nice trip, and we learned some new lessons about traveling with a toddler.  Next time, I am bringing 2 bottles of wine ;)

 IMG_9064IMG_9062  IMG_9070 IMG_9072 IMG_9079 IMG_9080 IMG_9081 IMG_9086 IMG_9093 IMG_9094 IMG_9098 IMG_9109 IMG_9119 IMG_9125 IMG_9126 IMG_9142 IMG_9147 IMG_9149 IMG_9151 IMG_9159  IMG_9164 IMG_9163IMG_9175 IMG_9178 IMG_9181 IMG_9187

Malia starting doing this thing with her neck where she would extend it and she looked like E.T. it was hilarious.  I have no idea where it came from, but gave us a good giggle.

No comments: