I have been toying with the thought of making our family blog private. I don't know why, but part of the mama bear in me wants to protect my kids from the crazies on the interwebz as well as have a little privacy for my life. With EVERYTHING being so easily searchable via the internet, I am beginning to feel like I shouldn't be posting when we go on vacation, where we hang out or where my family members live. Plus, I really have no idea WHO reads my blog. I can see who is following it - but I don't know a good number of those people.
So tell me this readers - if I went private, would you request to be accepted to read my blog?
14 comments:
I went private for about 6 months for the same reasons. It's a fine balance. I never post when I am leaving for a vacation, but will blog about it upon my return. If you do go private, send me an invite!!
I love reading your blog. I understand your concerns about privacy. I would just blog about your trip after you get back. If you did go private I would love an invite.
Yes i would!!! :) I love reading about what is going on in your life and looking at the adorable pictures! :)
Hey Brianne! I love following your blog....let me know if you go private.
Of course I would want an invite and I think going private is a very smart idea for SO many reasons!! It can't hurt :-)
I would totally understand if you went private, and would definitely want an invite - but I rarely get a chance to read blogs that don't come up in my reader and nothing private does :( So I vote no! But do what's best for your family! Love you guys!
I totally understand how you're feeling, Brianne. Mine was private at a point, too. But I found that people weren't reading it because it wouldn't show up in Google Reader or blogrolls. I just started being more judicious with what specific information I provided. Just my opinion as someone who had a private blog and made it public after a while. Keep blogging -- I enjoy it!
I'd read :)
Of course I would :)
I read your blog and would love an invite if you go private :)
I love reading your blog! I have been debating to make my family's blog private for many reasons but never did it. I just do not post when I leave for a vacation but upon my return and of course I watermark my photos, they might not be great but I had family use them as their facebook profiles without my approval. Not cool!
If you were to go private I would love an invite!
Of course I'd want to read! How else would I know what's going on? :) (Plus love all the pics!)
I would love an invite if you go private :) The more blogs of friends I read the more motivated I am to actually update my own!
Would love an invite :)
Post a Comment