I know, I can't believe it either our baby is 5 months old! So many new things to report about our little angel, and mostly how much fun he has become. Since we don't have a 5 month appointment I can't report on his stats, but I'm guessing he is about 18 lbs and 27 inches long - whoa baby we've got a big boy. When I see pictures of him, he looks like a 1 year old......my baby is growing up so fast!
Some fun facts:
*Jackson is now wearing 9 month clothing, he will definitely be in 12 month by spring - goodbye 12 month shorts and tank tops :(
*He laughs all the time and has smile is on his face 95% of his waking time. Anytime ANYONE smiles at him, he gives one right back :)
*Wearing Size 3 diapers.
*He is rolling over tummy to back and back to tummy.
*He got his foot in his mouth last night - it was pretty darn cute.
*Jackson LOVES LOVES LOVES the jumperoo Nana & Papa got him. He gets some serious air in that thing.
*He already had his first "cold" and did pretty well in recovering.
*Jackson is a big boy and is officially SLEEPING IN HIS CRIB for all naps and for the night. I think it was harder on me than it was on him. The first night he slept all through the night.....I was next to him on the blow up mattress.
*Speaking of sleeping through the night, the last 2 weeks this has been non-existent. I'm hoping this phase will end soon - mama needs some sleep! The good news is that he is able to put himself to sleep now - no more rocking him for 20 minutes before getting him to sleep.
*He has a concentration face that shows he is definitely working something out. We love watching his wheels just turn and turn.
*He has already had 2 haircuts in 5 months; we are checking to see if that is some sort of record.
*He knows his name and will look around to find who is saying it.
*Jackson loves to snuggle and nestle right in the crook of our necks - my heart melts when he does this.
*Jackson schedule is getting pretty definite, up by 7am and down by 10pm - the in between is pretty much a blur, but those times are set ;)
*His hand/eye coordination just blows me away. He grabs at anything in his reach and puts it right into his mouth -we think he's the smartest baby alive.
*His newest sound? HIGH PITCH SCREECH. It's the voice of 1000 angels.




No comments:
Post a Comment