Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Merry Christmas

Jackson celebrated his FIRST Christmas! What a huge milestone for his mama (considering Christmas is my FAVORITE holiday). It was nice this year because Christmas was so easy, which is what we needed towing a 5 month old around. And I have to say, Jackson was such a good boy ALL DAY LONG, beginning at 5am and going all the way to 8pm.
It started out Christmas eve at the Makanani's - we had a nice dinner and spent time with the family. When we got home, Jackson went right to bed and I asked Shane to get the video camera all ready for Christmas morning. Once I put Jackson down, Shane asked me to come look at something.....it was the video of Jackson's birth DAY....and let me tell you, the waterworks just flowed. We haven't pulled out the video camera since the day Jackson was born and it was just beautiful watching him and us on the day of his birth - I told Shane it was the BEST Christmas present he could have ever given me.

In true Christmas tradition, all 3 of us got brand new jammies to wear to bed...we put them on and went straight to bed. Woke up at 5:30am and opened our presents - Jackson had a pretty good time opening gifts from us and Santa!

Then it was off to the Makanani's and then to the Sogn's. It was so great to spend the day with our families and for Danny & Emily to finally meet Jackson (they both live in NY). Jackson was a lucky little boy for his first Christmas getting LOTS of books from his Nana, Papa, Grandma Grandpa, Aunts & Uncles. He didn't get too many toys - which is fine by me, next year will be NUTS. The best gift of all is the nursery that my mom put together at her house - she got a crib, bedding and is using the rocking chair that she rocked ME in. It's perfect and it's a nice place for Jackson to go when he is over there :)

Since I was so tired, I didn't snap too many pictures - but here is what I have:










No comments: