At Malia’s 4 month appointment, her pediatrician said that when Malia was ready, feel free to start her on solids. We weren’t quite ready yet, and she wasn’t showing any signs of interest in eating. We knew we would probably start her closer to 6 months. Fast forward a month or so and she has been slowly gaining interest in what Jackson’s been eating and on a few occasions has tried to pull some food out of my mouth.
Luckily, for my birthday a few weeks ago I received something that I have wanted since Jackson was an infant – a BABY BULLET. I know it is SO much cheaper to make my own baby food and so much healthier for my baby – so that has been my new goal – make ALL of Malia’s baby food.
So last Monday, I felt it was time. I made a batch of brown rice cereal and peas. It literally took 2 minutes, and cost pennies. I made enough food for Malia to last a month. Sold.
We started out with the rice cereal (which she wasn’t a fan of) and moved onto peas next (which she likes). Today, we will do apples. I can’t believe she is eating solids….
No comments:
Post a Comment