Tuesday, January 20, 2009

13 weeks!

Today is 13 weeks YEAH! We officially made it through the first trimester successfully. The only disappointing thing is that my appetite hasn't really come back yet :( I guess I was just expecting it to magically come back, along with a burst of energy....not so much. So I am taking matters into my own hands - I am going to begin an exercise regimen and go grocery shopping and force myself into eating and exercising....mind over matter, right?
13 week bellyOn the job front for the Makanani family we have GREAT news. Last Wednesday Shane got offered a job at Adobe in Ballard!!!! It's a year long contract job - and pays more than he was making at his last job. I FIRMLY believe that it's not what you know, it's WHO you know - that saying has always worked for me, and in Shane's case, it worked for him when he needed it most. A family friend, Rick, is pretty high up at Adobe and offered Shane the job and he started last Thursday. It's pretty overwhelming, considering Shane has never done software sales before, but I know he is going to do so great - he does at everything!!

Lastly, Shane and I were invited to an 80's themed rollerskating party for our friend Serina's 30th Birthday party on Saturday night. As always, when it comes to costume parties - Shane and I didn't hold back. What a fun idea to dress up in 80's gear - and surprisingly, it's TOTALLY coming back and I found my outfit in under 30 minutes at the mall.....totally radical dude!


Me & Shane
Me & Serina (the birthday girl)

Bub Bergstrom, Shane and Jason Bergstrom
(doesn't Jason look like Matt Dillon on Something About Mary?)

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Hey Brianne, Congratulations I was so happy to see you with a little belly. I can't wait to hear more about everything! Take care:)