For the past 2 months or so I have had a horrible snot problem. Runny nose, sneeze attacks, woken several times through out the night by snot running into my mouth, etc. At first I thought I was getting a cold (I've already had 2 since I've been pregnant), but no other symptoms followed. Hmmmmm. So then I thought, oh shit, I'm developing an allergic reaction to my new best friend, Kona. Investigation ends, denial sets in. Although Kona has put a few gray hairs on my head, he's still my little guy and I love him. So I figured I'll just have to SUFFER through endless nights of waking up and running to the bathroom to blow my nose, sleeping with little tissue wads UP MY NOSE and having sneeze attacks so hard I pee my pants......yep, I'm sure you've already visualized it all. All because I love my precious little Kona.
Until yesterday, I get this email from babycenter.com:
"Why is my nose so stuffy? Higher estrogen levels during pregnancy can contribute to swelling in the mucous membranes lining the nose and may even cause you to make more mucus. At the same time, your blood volume is increasing and blood vessels expanding, which can also lead to swollen nasal membranes. So it's no surprise that many women sniffle their way through pregnancy. "Pregnancy is a snotty time," says Gil Gross, an associate professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Washington University in St. Louis. Although stuffy noses are a typical pregnancy symptom, call your caregiver if you develop a fever or flu-like symptoms."
Ahhhhhhhhh an answer that doesn't lead to me giving up my pup! Although it sucks that I have another 5 months of dealing with a snotty nose, at least I have an answer. Oh, and I bet you won't find THIS topic in Jenny McCarthy's book!
No comments:
Post a Comment