Friday, February 27, 2009

One week until we know....

Wow, time is flying by so fast and we're quickly approaching the half-way point of this epic, exciting, nerve racking, stressful, joyous experience ;) We have an ultrasound appointment next Friday, March 6th that will determine the baby's sex! It will be awesome to finally know what we're having so that we can finally call the baby by his/her name, which I'm not going to reveal on this blog or until my wife gives me permission... It'll be great to start buying things for the nursery, clothes, little toys, etc. I can't wait! I have to start getting songs together that I want to sing and stories I want to read and all that fun stuff...

On the flip side of all this excitement is a lot of stress. This is an incredible, life-changing experience but we are finding just how stressful it can be. Car trouble, groceries, saving, spending, etc. These things all fly through my head about 40 times a day and it can be exhausting. In the end, or in the beginning I should say, all the stress will be worth it once I get to meet my son or daughter for the first time. Next Friday will be just one more step in this amazing journey.. Stay tuned...

No comments: