Thursday, February 19, 2009

They say it comes in 3's......

So I am truly hoping THIS IS THE 3rd AND LAST THING to go wrong in the last few months....our car.

1st - I lost my job
2nd - Shane lost his job
3rd - Our one reliable car just broke down

Now, I'm not complaining because Shane and I both know that things could be worse....MUCH worse. We also realize that these are lessons we are having to learn right now because we haven't learned them yet, and/or we haven't learned them enough to teach our children. But geez, could the timing be worse?????

Basically, my car has an oil leak where coolant and oil are mixing together. The dealership "thought" they fixed it on Tuesday, but after forking out $1100 to fix it and 2 attempted trips home- we had to take it back because the light kept coming on in the car saying it was NOT in fact fixed. The mechanic indicated that there is probably engine damage, but that it could possibly be covered under the warranty if we provide EVERY receipt from EVERY oil change I've ever gotten......it's a lot harder than it sounds.

On top of the "oil problem" we were told that my car is not safe to drive and we actually need to spend about $5,000 to fix it. I don't know about you, but I don't have $5, 000 just laying around. So Shane and I decided that now is probably the time to trade in. It's an easy out, we know it, but chances are, we won't have to fork out any more money and we can get the car that I feel is more appropriate to drive with a newborn.

Ahhhhhhh vent over........that felt good. Wish us luck on our journey in finding a car that won't force us to give up our first born child - he/she is definitely NOT for sale!

No comments: