Monday, May 18, 2009

30 Weeks!








*Weekly Survey*
How far along?: 30 weeks.
Total weight gain: Not sure, I will find out on Friday. I am guessing 25lbs.
How big is baby?: 15.7" long, 3lbs.
Maternity clothes?: Yes. Got another batch from Diandra!
Stretch marks?: Nope.
Sleep?: Horrible. The combination of Restless Leg Syndrome, Heat & Allergies has made sleep nearly impossible.
Best moment this week?: Doing the hospital tour with our parents. We were about 30 seconds into the tour when it hit me that we will have our child here soon.....I got a little emotional.
Movement?: Lots of movement and lots of hiccups.
Food cravings?: Moose Tracks Ice Cream.
Labor signs?: Nothing.
Belly button in or out?: Beginning to pop out.
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach.
What I'm looking forward to: Our next childbirth class.
Weekly Wisdom: It's okay to be pale as ever when you're pregnant.
Milestone: Childbirth classes started on Thursday!!!!

What a busy week this last week was! We had our hospital tour on Tuesday, which lasted a whopping 20 minutes - but it was great because we invited both sets of parents to join us. We thought that having them tour the hospital would not only put their minds at ease, but also would help in them feeling comfortable when arriving at any hour for the birth of Jackson. PLUS we learned that Evergreen doesn't have specific "visiting hours" so that was great news to hear that they could come anytime to see us!










Thursday we started our first Childbirth class. Our instructor is full of energy and is quite funny! She dove head-first into what labor looks like and how the baby will actually "come out". Lots of information, somethings I didn't even know - so Shane was fully engaged in what she was saying. We ended the class with some hypnobirthing techniques. I have to say, I am REALLY bad at this...poor Shane was trying to get me relaxed (rubbing my head) - but laying there, all I could think about was my grocery shopping list, what I was going to wear the next day, how is Kona holding up......ugh, I wish I could just SHUT my mind OFF!

Lastly, our dear friends Jake & Lydia are moving to Florida - so this weekend was their "Going Away" party. Although we are SO sad to see them leave - we know this is a great adventure for them and what a perfect time to do it. They are so fortunate to have the support of their families and to be doing it together as best friends! We will miss you Jake & Lydia - and DON'T forget to keep us up to date on your journey across the country!

2 comments:

Jewel said...

Hey Brianne, I dealt with RLS bad when I was pregnant with our 4th baby. It was so bad that I would start to feel depressed at around 9 because I knew it would be another night of fighting to sleep. With my 5th I started taking iron suppliments because I was a little anemic and the iron had vitamin b12 in it. My RLS was virtually gone and after the fact I read about b12 helping with that. I don't know if it works for everyone but it made a big difference for me. THE BEST suppliments out there are called Thorne Ferrasorb. I think they can be found at Super Supps. They don't cause any bad side effects and the b12 absorbs good.

Seriously, I have dealt with pretty much every issue your body can throw at you while pregnant so email me if you ever want to know a remedy:)

The Story of Us said...

OMG Jewel - thank you so much! I am in that same boat right now....I am fighting to fall asleep because I know it will be another horrible restless night. I will pick up that B12 today!

thanks so much!!!!