Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Yesterday I was lucky enough to experience my FIRST Mother's Day. Although I haven't gone through what most moms endure on a daily basis, I feel that being pregnant, with Jackson growing inside of me that I have good reason to celebrate this special day. I am not going to write about what I did, or how special my family made this day special - I am going to write about my moms - the ones that have shown me what it's like to be a mother, and have given me the ultimate gift - the reasons for why I want to be just like them.....Mothers.

My mother, Chrissie
Not only has she sacrificed SO much for me and my siblings when we were young - but she is still constantly inspiring and motivating us to be better people. She is going to school to get her masters degree at close to 60 years old, working with children with disabilities and ones that come from broken homes, running a household, taking care of my step-dad who just had back surgery, preparing for her first grandchild...the list goes on and on. She is the ultimate inspiration to me and the word PROUD doesn't even touch what I feel about her and her accomplishments. She is my best friend, the woman I go to for everything - and I would be lost without her. I love you mom, more than EVER.





















My mother-in-law Phyllis
Most people know Phyllis as the mom that can do it all - and guess what, she can! She has raised 3 of the most LOVING, caring, unselfish, well-mannered, family oriented, loyal children I have ever met. She instilled values & morals in them that I hope I can teach Jackson and my future children. She loves her husband, her children and her home - and will do anything to make sure that those priorities are nurtured at all times. There is not a doubt in my mind that she is going to be the most amazing grandmother and love Jackson and Leina's daughter like her own. I don't say it enough, but I love you Phyllis.






No comments: