Friday, May 1, 2009

The future = Excitement and Stress....

Whew..... Week 27 is almost in the books and we are fastly approaching the 3/4 pole here at 30 weeks. The excitement is building and just like the first trimester, time seems to be slowing down. I remember way back in October and November, we were nervous just trying to get to the 12 week mark which is traditionally the most critical for a baby's development and each day seemed like weeks. I remember constantly asking Brianne, "Is everything ok? How do you feel today?" She was also having trouble eating which made things complicated as well.

Anyway, the refinance of our house went through without a hitch and now we are facing the new challenge of paying for Jackson's healthcare. Since I am in a contract position w/ no benefits and Brianne is on COBRA, the cost isn't exactly cheap.. So that is our newest stress.

I have found that this year has presented it's share of challenges w/ us both being laid off, trying to cut costs, and preparing for a baby, but Brianne and I have managed to overcome each obstacle and I have no doubt that we can do so in the future. We have both grown so much together and worked as a unit to make things better for our growing family. It's truely been a learning experience and a blessing. Now if I can just get her to let me sleep in our room again ;)

No comments: