What a whirlwind! Exactly 60 days or less and Jackson Gabriel will be here. It's been a crazy time of planning, budgeting, and anticipating one of the happiest moments of our lives... We're in the "home stretch" now with Brianne's baby showers coming up this weekend and next and child birth classes in full swing.
I've said it so many times that "the human body just amazes me," but until you actually learn how a baby makes it out into the world, you just can't fully appreciate the saying... It really seems like an incredible event where the stars essentially have to align for everything to go perfectly. What a ride we are in for..
So yesterday we went to Golden Gardens for our maternity photos which I thought were unneccesary and expensive. After going through the process with our photographer, who was amazing by the way, I can see why women like to go through this event. It's a time to fully visualize and capture a time where a we are starting to become a "family." I remember sitting there yesterday thinking, "Life will never be the same." Gone are the times, of partying, staying up late, buying needless things, and going on weekend trips on a whim... Needless to say, I'm excited for our "new life." Our pictures are one of the first memories we will have on route to bigger and better times.
Our schedule is crazy over the next few weeks as we prepare for Jackson's arrival and we are excited to hang out with family and experience this roller coaster of a ride. I'm sure there are many challenges ahead, but we've got eachother and family, which are the only things you need in life!
1 comment:
Shane, your posts always make me cry!!!! You're such a good man.... Jackson is one lucky boy, to have such great parents!! =D
Post a Comment