Last week I got a new do....as in new hair style. I have been meaning to post why I have wanted to cut it for awhile, but every time I get the courage to write about it, I begin to cry. I am not a vain person, but I take pride in how I look. I do my hair and makeup everyday, even if I don't go anywhere. I always look nice at special occasions and I feel I NEVER "let myself go". That all changed at about 3 months post-pregnancy. That's when I began to shed......
It's 100% normal for women that breastfeed to lose their hair post-partum. I read about it, did research, asked my OB and was prepared for it to happen. But I never expected to lose as much hair as I have. To date, I have probably lost about 50% of my hair. I think the hardest part is that my hair isn't falling out one by one, it's falling out in HUGE chunks. I can't even run my hands through my hair without looking at my hand and having it FULL of hair....I don’t even want to wash/blow-dry it because I lose more by doing this. Jackson has my hair in his diapers, wrapped around his neck, arms, toes and let’s not even begin to talk about what my vacuum cleaner looks like! New hair is already growing, I can see it - but it doesn't help that RIGHT NOW my hair is limp, lifeless and I have bald spots. That's right BALD SPOTS.
So rather than sit on the floor crying, surrounded by all my lost hair, I decided to do something about it. Call my hairstylist/BFF, Diandra. She took one look at me and she didn't have to say a word, I could see it in her face and I began to cry. Before I could even get a tissue to wipe my tears she said, "I know JUST what to do to make you feel beautiful again!" That was all I needed......
Here are some pictures of my new do. Bangs, shorter length and low-lights. I don't know if it's possible, but I already feel like I have less hair coming out of my head. My hair has more body, volume and along with my hair, I don't feel so lifeless.
Thank you Diandra for making me feel good again. It will be a process for all of this hair to grow back, but in the meantime, I am sassy Brianne again.....who knew it was all in the hair?
7 comments:
B you look great! And I feel I am right there with you! I have lost so much hair (sadly still am) But it does grow back. I have what we call baby hair all along my hairline.
I love your new haircut. You look BEAUTIFUL!!!
I love the new look. I think that cut and style looks really great on you. I feel your pain on the hair loss. I was in the same boat.
Your hair is so cute!! I want bangs like that, but I just don't think I could pull them off.
I think your hair is super cute B - enjoy the new do! :)
Oh my gosh, I love it! SO cute! You look great with chunky bangs!
I totally feel ya. My hair was coming out in clumps too... you look beautiful as always! Just another sacrifice we mamas make for our little luv bugs eh! Totally worth it though!! xoxox
Post a Comment