Monday, February 22, 2010

7 months old

Some days I can’t believe Jackson is just an infant. Shane’s sister, Bub, and I were talking last night about what Jackson is considered….he’s definitely not a newborn, but he’s not a toddler – so that makes him an infant, right?   When I think of the word infant, I think of a little baby. I think of  a baby that is still laying around, needing to be held all the time and just staring out into the world. This is NOT Jackson.  In the 7 months he has been in this world he has grown up way too fast. He is so active and alert, busy and curious.  He constantly wants something in his hand, which immediately goes right into his mouth.  He yells, screams, talks, grunts, imitates, and laughs uncontrollably. In a nutshell, he is well on his way to a toddler…..

Since we don’t have a 7 month appointment, we are going to estimate that he is 21lbs and 30inches long.

Some fun facts in the last month or so:

*Jackson has learned how to take off his own diaper, and he thinks it’s hilarious.
*He has 3 teeth – all on the bottom.
*He imitates Daddy when he snores.
*Wearing 9 month clothes, 12 month jammies.
*Had his first real cold – he was a trooper, even though snot was POURING out of his nose and his cough even scared Kona.
*Goes to bed at 730pm and up at 7am (with a 430am feeding).
*Loves to have his picture taken.
*Saying “dadadadada” and “bububububub”
*Our little “once a week pooper” is now a “twice a day” pooper. Taking a little bit to get used to, I guess we can call ourselves lucky though considering it’s not blowout city anymore now that he’s on solids.
*Has tried all of Stage 1 foods. He likes them all except sweet peas.  We will be trying Stage 2 food tonight :)
*He’s got the “scoot” down, now, if he could only coordinate his arms, then we would have a crawl.
*Jackson can sit up for long periods of time now.
*He does this head tilt thing that is just too cute. It just melts his grandma & nana’s hearts.
*We have decided to let Jackson’s hair grow out until his first birthday – and I have to say, it is AWESOME first thing in the morning.
*The Black Eyed Peas song “Tonight’s Gonna Be A Good Night” ALWAYS gets Jackson smiling!
*People STILL stop us when we are out and about and say, “OMG – so much hair, how old is he???”
*Jackson has such a little personality right now – he is just so happy. Shane and I talk EVERY.SINGLE.DAY about how blessed we are to have this little boy in our lives. He just lights up our every day.

SO Happy!!!IMG_8872IMG_8918 

So much (crazy) HAIR!!!!IMG_8921

Can you see his THREE teeth???
IMG_8898

Some more teeth….IMG_8885   IMG_8883IMG_8908

No comments: