Friday, February 12, 2010

First cold

It’s official, Jackson has caught his first cold.  It’s not a really a milestone, but I don’t want to ever forget how sad last night was :(

Yesterday, when I was feeding Jackson his breakfast, he seemed disinterested and kind of slouched in his highchair, then came the cough, then a sneeze….throughout the day it progressed…..then last night it was in full force. Jackson was up every 2 hours with a runny nose, a vicious cough, a few sneezes and just all out uncomfortable. I tried to nurse him back to sleep, but that didn’t really work. Eventually, I went old school with him with bouncing and singing with him in my arms. Eventually he fell asleep and I brought him to bed with me to snuggle…..this was at 445am.

His demeanor seems pretty happy, but once he realizes that the snot is flowing into his mouth, he gets a little upset.  As of right now he is napping with a pillow under his mattress and we have tried the steam shower in the bathroom trick.  Tonight, I am going to get a humidifier and some Vicks rub (thanks facebook friends!!!).

Tonight was supposed to be Jackson’s first overnight with Grandma & Grandpa Sogn…..guess we have to cancel :(

IMG_8674

IMG_8676 His bib says it all, “Lil’ Toughie”…..my poor baby!!!!

2 comments:

Katy said...

Boo I'm sorry! Logan has had this stupid cold for almost 2 weeks now. Thankfully I don't think he's in discomfort which is by far the worst part-sounds like Jackson is still generally pretty happy? I hope Jackson conquers this cold REAL soon!

Care said...

Oh no. Colds are no fun! We just got through the first one too. 10 days long. Took her to the dr. and he said it was "just a cold". grr.

He is so cute and his hair is amazing! Girls everywhere will be jealous of that thick hair! :)