Tuesday, May 18, 2010

More family on the way……

Don’t worry (or get excited), NOBODY IS PREGNANT!  However, I am so very excited to announce that Shane’s cousins Rob & Lea Boyce, along with their 4 kids, are moving up here to Washington.

Rob, Lea & the kids are originally from Hawaii, but decided to move to Bend, Oregon a few years ago (more possibilities, cheaper living, etc.). Although we were all so very happy for them to move to the mainland – it still wasn’t close enough :(

Until Rob & Lea decided it was time to be closer to the Makanani clan!  Rob has already gotten a job in Mountlake Terrace and is living with my in-laws until Lea comes up with the kids this summer. 

This weekend, Lea & the kids came up for a visit, and Lea registered for nursing school at North Seattle Community College – that’s when it hit me that they are REALLY going to be here soon!  I can’t even begin to express how excited I am to have them here. Shane and I didn’t grow up with any extended family close to us, and to have our families so close to us now, just makes our hearts swell.  I love the fact that Jackson gets to not only grow up with his aunties, uncles and cousins so close – but now MORE family nearby.

Tentative date for the Boyce arrival: July 15th – let the countdown begin!

Some photos from the weekend:

(L to R) Brianna, Leilyn, Jackson, Paka & MercedesIMG_1373

Brianna & Jackson                 Paka, Jackson & Mercedes

IMG_1381 IMG_1388

Papa & Jackson
IMG_1406 

Kea & Nana                                         Jackson & Paka
IMG_1403 IMG_1382

No comments: