Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother’s Day

Yesterday marked my first “official” Mother’s Day. A day to celebrate me, my moms and what we do everyday without a thought: being a mother.  Becoming a mom has by far been my greatest achievement. It puts me in a club that I have desired to be in for so long, and although I am proud to be in this club – I really had no idea what it entailed.  No sleep for the rest of my life – check!  Puke, spit, poop and other bodily fluids on my new outfit – check! ALWAYS putting someone else’s needs before my own – check!  But then there is the flipside; unconditional love  -check!  Giggles that make my heart swell – check! Hugs & kisses all day long – check! Being a part of his everyday and new discoveries – check!

Although this is the hardest job I’ve EVER had, I know that everything I have done in my life to this point has trained me to become a mom. I now have a better understanding of what my mom & my mother-in-law went through raising me & Shane.  I hold these mothers in the HIGEST regard – and I hope one day, they will feel the same of me.

All I asked for for Mother’s Day was 3 things -

1. A little “something something” to add to my necklace Shane gave me the day Jackson was born.

2. To spend time with BOTH my moms as well as my BABY.

3. For Shane to be “mom” for the day. (i.e. To take over my responsibilities for the day, dishes, meal making, change all diapers, put Jackson down for his naps, etc.)

The lucky gal that I am, Shane did all 3 of these things without hesitation. I really am one lucky mom to have such a great husband that spoils me on my special day.

Some pictures to share:

Breakfast of waffles, eggs & Portuguese sausage! Made by Daddy!IMG_1183
Opening Gifts from Jackson – A picture framed of me & Jackson, a charm with Jackson’s name on it and a few of my favorite treats.
IMG_1195
IMG_1285
Spending time with Nana
IMG_1213 IMG_1233 IMG_1208

And with Jackson of course!
IMG_1219 

Spending time with Grammi
IMG_1243
IMG_1240 IMG_1247 
IMG_1272 (Not gonna lie, my mom looks a little crazy and I look drugged)

One positive and one negative of the day.  We’ll start with the negative first:
My allergies literally KICKED MY ASS (see picture above)  I probably went through a whole box of tissues, sneezed 50 times and I almost scratched my own eyes out. I was MISERABLE! I HATE allergies.

The positive?  Jackson waved for the first time at Nana & Papa’s house. We even got it on video (post to follow). I’m so proud of my little guy – what a great Mother’s Day gift, directly from Jackson!

No comments: