Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My job

IMG_1344

I just realized the other day that I never officially posted what my job is.  My job is mom to Jackson and Auntie/Nanny to La’akea.  Some may not consider what I do a job – but to me, it is a job. Yes, I take care of these two precious babies – but it is HARD WORK.  I have to get up at the same time everyday, shower, get ready, have my cup of joe, and prepare for my client (Kea) to arrive.  Every day is different, especially with the babies growing and changing each moment I look at them.  Like every job, there are pros and cons. Lucky for me, mine are more pros.  I have to juggle their schedules and pray each day that they nap at the same time so that I can eat lunch or go to the bathroom in peace. Yesterday was my dream day as they both took (2) 2 hour naps at the same time – but that is a rare occasion.  I don’t get sick days, and I probably wash more bottles, bibs and toys than most moms ever even think of.  Oh, and taking my eyes off one of them for a moment could lead to a HUGE disaster!

I could honestly do this forever – I love being home with these 2 babies! And if everything works out the way I am hoping it does, I will get to continue doing my “job” until September.  I am also considering taking on another baby. . . . . I know, you are probably thinking I am crazy – but I’m not. I really enjoy the challenge, I do. And I know in my heart I can handle it….I have so much love to give!

3 comments:

Cheris said...

I agree, it is a job! Harder than any other job I've had, thats for sure. I know i keep saying this. but i really do want to meet up sometime to hold little Jackson. He's so... cute!!!

Jewel said...

Definitely harder and this job has required more creativity, personal motivation, TIME, energy, etc. than any other job I've had.

I'm glad you're loving it. I remember having a tough transition time when I started staying home with the kids after working, so I'm glad you've avoided or gotten through that. I think being there for our children (and others) is such an important thing to do:)

Unknown said...

I think that is a big job! And a wonderful one! You are lucky you get to do what you love :)
And congrats on the above post regardng your family moving closer!