So my first day at work as a full-time employee was Monday. It was a nice day of learning and training, lunch with the new crew and meeting lots of new people. The drive home wasn't so bad, and I didn't have to worry about getting home in a hurry because Shane picked up Jackson and assured me HE would cook dinner for his working wifey.
Tuesday was another story. Jackson woke up with a runny nose and sneezing. I didn't think much of it considering he was just getting over a cold and took him to his daycare provider for the day (my dear friend, Diandra). Traffic was HELL, but the day was pretty good. When I picked up Jackson he pretty much went from little runny nose to FULL ON COLD. I felt so horrible for him and just wanted to pick him up and hug him forever. Poor guy was miserable - I could tell he just wanted to snuggle.
Tuesday was another story. Jackson woke up with a runny nose and sneezing. I didn't think much of it considering he was just getting over a cold and took him to his daycare provider for the day (my dear friend, Diandra). Traffic was HELL, but the day was pretty good. When I picked up Jackson he pretty much went from little runny nose to FULL ON COLD. I felt so horrible for him and just wanted to pick him up and hug him forever. Poor guy was miserable - I could tell he just wanted to snuggle.

I get home and the dog (Kona) is running circles around me, Jackson is crying, hungry and getting into EVERY cupboard that has glass in it. Kona has to go out, I'm sweating, haven't changed my clothes and I'm starving. I try to get dinner on, but Jackson just wants to eat....NOW as snot is flowing out of his nose like a river.
I cried.
I text Shane, "COME HOME NOW!" I have NEVER done that before, even when Jackson was a newborn and I had no idea what I was doing, I have never asked him to come home and relieve me, NEVER. I felt horrible asking him to come home (from the gym), but all I wanted to do was crawl into a hole and cry.
Minutes later, Shane walked in the door and gave me a big hug. It was all I could do but hold back tears. He knows me all too well. "Just breathe" he said to me.
I don't know how working moms do it. I applaud you. I bow down to you. Those with multiple children - you are my heroes.
Day 2 - Meltdown complete. Picking myself back up, brushing off the stress, and onto Day 3.
1 comment:
There will be good days and bad days, for sure. And I bet it gets easier and easier with each day. I don't know how working moms do it either...it is amazing to me how they manage to keep their S**t together while working full time, running a household, and raising children. Heros without question!
Post a Comment