I am so excited to announce that I have been offered a FULL TIME position working as a personal/executive assistant. I don’t think I ever posted that 2 months ago, I accepted a job as a personal assistant to a woman in Medina. The job I applied for was part-time, 2 days a week working in her home doing her bookkeeping, running errands, getting mail, helping her with her email, etc. She is an older woman – so she just needs a little extra help and an assistant with a lot of patience. This job seemed like the dream job for me because it eased me back into the workforce after being gone for 2 years and I was still able to be home 3 days a week with Jackson.
Well, as most are in the same position – money is tight. Money has been tight for us for 2 years now. We haven’t taken any vacations, haven’t bought anything huge and have clipped many coupons each week – this has become our lifestyle so that we could stay afloat after I was laid off.
Last week, the son of the woman I work for asked if I would be interested in going FULL TIME working for him the other 3 days I wasn’t working for his mom. Since he has a pretty prestigious position with the Space Needle – I would officially be an employee of the Space Needle with FULL benefits, vacation, sick time, 401k, etc. This is not only my dream job – but the pay will make it so that we won’t have to live paycheck to paycheck anymore!
Although I am very excited about this new position, I am sad to give up my Stay-At-Home-Mom status. I LOVE my time with Jackson, as well as the bond I have created with my niece, Kea. But after thinking long and hard about this – it’s an opportunity I just can’t pass up. And at the end of the day – it’s better for our family. I feel truly blessed that I was able to stay home for over a YEAR with Jackson – I cherished every moment of each day with him. Now, he will be in the care of Shane’s cousin Lea, Shane’s mom and my mom. What better care and bonding time could he get besides myself and Shane? We are so lucky to have family that want to care for him!
Start date is Monday, September 20th – wish me luck!
3 comments:
Congrats! That's awesome news! And you ARE so lucky to have family close by to take care of your precious boy...it will make going back to work soooo much easier for you.
YAY!!!!!! Congrats!!! I'm really happy for you!
That is amazing!!! Congrats to you. That sounds perfect!
Post a Comment