Yesterday marked my first official wedding, and as luck would have it, the wedding was for mine and Shane’s dear friends, Chris Behrens and Holly Thompson.
Holly was actually the one who ignited the fire in getting my Day-Of-Coordinating business started when she asked me to be her DOC back in April when she got engaged. She knew that I had always had a passion for it, but could never really pull the trigger. I love that she was so confident in me and my abilities to DOC – it made me feel so good about what I could do for her, I couldn’t refuse.
I asked my mentor, Laura Gram, to assist me. Although the date happened to land on the Seahawks vs. 49’ers game (she is a DIE HARD Niners Fan) she was kind enough to help me and guide me with some questions I had. She was so great! I am so lucky to not only have her as my mentor, but my good friend – Laura, if you are reading this I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!
The weather turned out great, the wedding party and families were fabulous, the vendors were AWESOME to work with and the wedding just flowed so beautifully. I was so lucky to have so many people working “with” me – it made my job easy!
I will admit though, after being on my feet for almost 9 hours straight – I AM BEAT. Laura told me when she arrived that at the end of the night it will feel like I ran a marathon. I don’t know what that feels like, but I suspect it’s pretty true – I feel like I did a triathlon! My poor body aches in places I didn’t know it could ache. My feet are burning with every step, and all I want to do is take a nap…….but was it worth it? HELL YES! I get such an adrenaline rush when working a wedding – it was like I was made to do this. I love timelines, I love organization, I love weddings,
I love…..love.
I think I have found my new baby…..
2 comments:
I knew you would do a fantastic job. I am so proud of you for following your dream!
That's amazing. It is so great to find your true professional calling. Nothing makes your job easier than LOVING what you do!
Post a Comment