Thursday, February 3, 2011

Last day of FULL-TIME work!

As I posted in previous posts - I will no longer be working FULL-TIME as of February 3rd....TODAY!

I am very excited that today is my last day for a number of reasons. The first being that I miss my son terribly. Jackson goes to bed now between 630-7pm. I don't get off of work until 4:30 with a 45 minute commute, then add cooking and eating dinner into the mix and next thing you know, it's 6pm - and I only get 30 minutes a day with him. Which makes it hard for me to want to do anything else (for me) besides spend any time I get with him. Secondly, I have very much NOT enjoyed working for my current boss. He has unrealistic expectations for me and needs someone full time (I currently work part-time for him, part-time for his mom). Needless to say, the last 4 months have been miserable - and I am so glad that he has found someone that will take my place and do more than I could do for him. Lastly, for sticking around the last few months while they found a replacement - I get a nice little severance package. Nothing to write home about - but it allows us to pay off MORE debt! We are getting closer and closer to our goal of having ALL of our debt paid off!

So what do I do from here? Well, the next 3 months I will still be working 2 times a week. But the other 3 days will be dedicated to play dates, working out, cooking yummy meals, Little Gym, reading/music classes, setting up Malia's nursery - the list goes on and on. I plan to use my days off to constructively for me and my family - not just sit around and veg out.

I have to say, such a HUGE shout out to my amazingly supportive husband, Shane. Without his support, love, understanding and positive attitude - I would have never been able to do what I am doing right now and what I have planned for our immediate future. He understands how badly I want to be home with our children and will do anything to make it possible. I love you so much Shane - thank you, you have no idea how much this precious time means to me. You will see a different mommy & wife over the next few months.....the smile WILL be back ;)

1 comment:

Megan {Splendid Design} said...

This is something I have been struggling with as well. I was laid off while pregnant with my daughter and as much as I wanted to go back to work after she was born all I wanted to do is stay at home with her. So I stayed home. She is now 18 months I haven't once regret my decision. Plus everyone said "A happy wife, a happy home!"