I’m not a mom that brags about my kid. Of course I think he’s cute, smart, hitting all of his milestones on time and above average on everything – but do I shout it from the rooftops….no. And I never will. I am a proud mama, but I can’t handle it when moms go on and on about how their children are smarter than others or that they are the cutest kids they know. I knew an adult like this growing up, and I still remember how it made me feel at 7 years old. Maybe it was my poor self-esteem back then, but I told myself that I would never be a mom like that.
However, I am really proud of how it seems like in just a few short weeks Jackson has really picked up on his talking and his ability to point out things he knows. This isn’t in comparison to anyone else, it’s just something that Shane and I were discussing the other night at dinner. It was like overnight Jackson became a sponge, learning every picture, letter, family member, cartoon character, etc.
On Friday, I was home sick with a really bad cold. I was in bed most of the day, but I really wanted to keep Jackson home with me – I missed him. At one point I was switching out some laundry and noticed Jackson wasn’t next to me…….I went into his bedroom to find this:
I know he was really concentrating, because he had the lips out. That’s his concentration face right there – I love it. I just can’t help but want to kiss those lips when he is so focus. Most the time he pushes me away because he is really into whatever he is reading/doing – so this time I didn’t kiss him, I just let him read all of his books in his glider.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
My son knows his stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment