Monday, March 2, 2009

Reason #752 why I love my husband.....


Samoas......need I say more? Friday kicked off the official start of one of my times of year, GIRL SCOUT COOKIE SALES! Now, I am all in support of Girl Scouts and what they stand for, but they have upped their price per box once again to $4 a box - YIKES! And (I don't know what I was thinking here) on Friday I decided to pull up our family budget with Shane. After going through it we decided that we REALLY need to cut back even more on spending $$ on stuff we don't really need. Easier said than done especially for a pregnant lady that wants Cadbury mini-eggs attached to my side. So even though I really really really wanted my yummy samoas, I'd sit it out this season and wait until next year. That was until Sunday......I was taking a nap and Shane went out to run some errands. I wake up to a sound, that precious sound of not just one, but two boxes of cookies set on my night stand. I open my eyes and see them sitting there, just waiting for me to rip the box open and shove 4 in my mouth at the same time. Shane even asked if there was a nicer way of opening the box! I grabbed him and hugged and kissed him and thought to myself THIS is the exact reason I don't need Valentine's Day hoopla - this right here is the display of love throughout the year that I need. In just taking 2 minutes out of his day, he made me the happiest girl on earth and that is reason #752 why I love Shane Makanani.

No comments: