The shower was very casual and very fun, it was nice to catch up with those still at Murray Franklyn as well as the ones that have been laid off. Lots of laughs, great food and fun games! The ladies were all SO very generous in the gifts for our family and most importantly Jackson - he even got a homemade blanket from his Aunty Jess!
Kelly & Me

A few gals missing in this picture (Karissa, Heather & Jess)

Game Time - Design a onesie for Jackson, I couldn't decide, I loved them ALL!

On Sunday, my mom & in-laws hosted my family baby shower at my mom's house. I can't even begin to articulate how overwhelmed I am by the amount of LOVE that was in the house during the shower. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful women in my life that not only love me, but my husband and unborn child. So many homemade, thoughtful gifts as well as gifts right off of our registry. I honestly think Jackson is set for his first year of life! We got tons of diapers (2 diaper cakes) as well as onesies galore, tons of swaddle blankets, hangers and sports themed blankets. Shane even got a gift from his Godmother, Mrs. Huffman - a "manly" diaper bag (he was pumped when I showed him). And the last present was our TRAVEL SYSTEM from Shane's parents!!!!!
But what meant the most to me was how many people came out of there way, from long distances (Kent, Bellingham, Camano Island & South Oregon) and those that took the time out of this gorgeous weekend to spend a few hours with me! I had such great conversations and was able to catch up with every single person there! At one point I had to excuse myself so I could go shed a few tears of joy in the bathroom - I was just so overwhelmed with emotion (or maybe it's just the hormones!).
My mom, Phyllis, Leina, Alicia & Lea made the day possible with the AMAZING food, fun decorations & funny games! I just have to say it, I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!!!
Air Jordan Outfit from Serah

Mom & Me

Representing the Edwards side: (Cousin) Jennifer, Me, (Cousin) Andrea, (Sister) Becky

Representing the Makanani's: (MIL) Phyllis, (Cousin) Lea, Me, (SIL) Bub, (SIL) Leina, (Cousin) Leilyn

I have ONE more shower left this upcoming Sunday, held by my bestie Ellisa (this is my friends shower). I will definitely be updating next week on how that one turns out! I am so excited!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment