That’s right, I’m am officially a working mom. I promised Shane that when Jackson turned one, I would get a job. He never pressured me to get a job, he just knew our financial situation was in dyer need of some extra income, and I was the only one that could change that. I whole-heartedly agreed with him – but I’ve been struggling to find the right fit for me – one that would be worth it enough to leave my son…..
Luckily, a few weeks ago I got an email from my good friend Laura (she was the Day-Of-Coordinator for our wedding). She is a former personal assistant, and one of her contacts had contacted her about a position – she said I immediately came to mind. It’s a part-time (2 days a week) position as a personal assistant to an older woman in Medina. She needs help with paying her bills, running errands, picking up her mail at the post office, shopping for her grandchildren, helping her with her email/internet and facilitating charitable contributions.
After 5 interviews, I was offered the position last Wednesday and started last Friday. My families have been so unbelievably supportive of this new venture in my life and I am excited to say that I am having really good thoughts/vibes about this job. I think it’s going to have a lot of potential and do me some good to get out of the house a few days a week.
I will still be caring for my niece Kea 3 days a week and Jackson will be taken care of by my gracious Mother-in-law one day and my mom the other day.
Another venture I am taking on is Day-Of-Coordinating for weddings. I have coordinated a few weddings for friends here and there, but never really got my business off the ground. A month or so ago, my friend Holly asked me to DOC her wedding – and I instantly said yes. After speaking with Laura about it, I have decided that this is something else I really want to do. I know I’m good at it, I just need the practice. So at the end of this month I am shadowing Laura on a wedding, and then have my first official wedding in September.
So…..here’s my plug – if you are reading this and know anyone that is looking for a Day-Of-Coordinator for their upcoming wedding – I am for hire! Have the bride contact me at brianne.makanani@hotmail.com.
Wish me luck that I do well, although I have a little bit of guilt going “back to work” – I know it will be good for our little family…..
1 comment:
oooh congrats!! That sounds PERFECT!
PS: I'd hire you if I wasn't already married :)
Post a Comment