Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Jackson’s First Birthday Party Shout Outs

I’m not sure if anyone reads my posts, but I never want to forget my feeling of appreciation for all of those that made Jackson’s party possible.  Although Shane and I were the “hosts” the day was put together by quite a few people, people that I love with all my heart, and people that I cannot live without.

I woke up this morning with regret that I didn’t say something when I had the chance at Jackson’s party – but the more I thought about it, I think my appreciation speech would have gone on for about 15 minutes – and there was live music to listen to.

As most know, I’ve been planning Jackson’s birthday party since the moment he was born.  It’s a Hawaiian tradition to make the first birthday party HUGE – we are to celebrate our baby’s first year of life – this is huge.  I’ve thrown lots of events, but none so close to home, none that had to be perfectly perfect. I had to call in reinforcements!

Shane: Thank you for loving me, and loving our son – we are so lucky and blessed to have you. We would be LOST without you. Thank you for never once questioning my party budget, I know there were times you were dying to look at that budget. Thank you for agreeing to the coordinating outfits – we looked so damn cute!  Thank you for always being there, without complaint and dealing with my “event planner” attitude. Thank you for always sticking up for me, being my relief and standing in when I need you most. Thank you for all of the unconditional love you show me – even at my worst. Thank you for making the last 365 days the most memorable we have ever shared together.

Nana & Papa Makanani :Thank you for putting up with my BS. Thank you for always coming up with new ideas and not treating me like I was dumb when I had no idea what haupia was. Thank you for keeping me to my tasks, and reminding me over and over to get that dang chaffing dish. Thank you for understanding the importance of having real lei’s for family – and for doing everything possible to get them here. Thank you for making sure that Great-Grandma Ede was here  - no party is complete without her. Thank you for sewing NUMBEROUS linens, and for making the outfits that made my little family stand out. Thank you for teaching me about Hawaiian traditions and for helping me to create the perfect menu. Thank you for playing the music that made the party complete. Thank you for creating the most inspiring song to sing to Jackson – it makes me cry every time I hear it. Thank you for purchasing, preparing, storing and transporting all of the buffet food for the party – it was delicious and I have a feeling people will be talking about it for years. And thank you for loving me as if I were your own, and even more so, my son.

Leina & Lincoln: Thank you for fighting any battles I couldn’t fight. Thank you for teaching me hula. Thank you for hooking up those connections. Thank you for helping me come up with ideas for the party. Thank you for keeping me organized in chaos. Thank you for helping set up & breakdown for the party. Thank you for always being there – you are an amazing sister! Dogg – Thank you for getting 30 bags of ice and the use of your truck. Thank you for hauling ALL of the garbage from the event. Thank you for ALWAYS using the phrase, “No problem Breezer” – those words are music to my ears.  And lastly, thank you for being the best brother – you truly understand what it means to “be there” when I need you most!

Rob & Lea (my cousins-in-law): Thank you for coming up with the most amazing menu I’ve ever eaten. Thank you for providing your children to help out, listen and take direction from their crazy Aunt Breezer – all while not complaining. Thank you for going above and beyond to make my dream a reality, and all with smiles on your faces.

Gary & Mom: Thank you for always being my sounding board, even if my ideas were “out there”. Thank you for hosting Jackson’s Birthday BBQ – I couldn’t have imagined a better day.  Thank you for making the UNBELIEVABLE BBQ’d pork – people are still telling me how awesome it was. Thank you for putting so much blood, sweat and tears into those gorgeous pineapple centerpieces, they were even better than I had imagined.  Thank you for constantly reassuring me that the party would be a hit – it was for sure. Thank you for loving my son with all of your hearts, he truly is a lucky little guy.

Chris Angel & Krista LaBeck: Thank you for going ABOVE and BEYOND to make the celebration a success. You dove in, head first without ANY instruction and made my job that much easier. I would hire you two as my bar-backs ANY DAY –and I cannot thank you enough for not only driving 3 hours here and 3 hours back for the party.  You fit in so well with our family, and we are so lucky to have you as our friends. You two complete US.

No comments: