Thursday, December 30, 2010

GOAL for 2011

Debt. That 4 letter word that is the naughtiest of them all. It haunts me, it hangs over my head like a dark rainy cloud, it keeps me awake at night, it follows me everywhere I go and it creates tension with every relationship I have. I hate it. If debt were a person – I’d punch it.  But guess what? I created this debt – so I must own up to it.

My goal for 2011 is to go back to being a part-time Stay-At-Home-Mommy. I’ve crunched the numbers 10 million times – and the only way to accomplish my goal is to pay off as much debt as possible.  We don’t have a TON of debt – not including Shane’s student loans, our debt is pretty manageable – but taken out of our monthly bills – we could afford for me to work part-time (2 days a week).  With Malia on the way, I can’t handle the thought of her being away from me……and she’s not even HERE yet. I have to be home with my 2 babies….I have to.

So…..this is where I need you…..friends, family, loyal readers. I need you to keep me accountable. Remind me of what’s important and don’t let me spend any extra money I haven’t accounted for.  So far I’ve been doing pretty damn good. Christmas was SUPER SLIM this year, I’ve been a couponing freak and meal planning EVERY SINGLE MEAL.  Mine and Shane’s Christmas present to each other – paid off the lowest (yet the highest interest rate) credit card we have. It SUCKS making a huge payment, but if it brings me that much closer to my goal – I’ll do it.

Debt – you’ve been around WAY too long. You are no longer welcome in the Makanani house any longer.  I plan on having a party when your gone……even if it means we can only serve water and iceberg lettuce. It will be while I am home with my babies.

No comments: