Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy Anniversary to us!

Today is our FIRST Anniversary and it is VERY exciting to me! We have made it a year, and what a year it has been! They say the first year is the hardest, I wouldn't use the word "hard" for us, more "interesting." We got married, had an amazing/exciting summer full of road trips and weddings, lived in a MOLDY apartment, bought a NEW house, I got laid off, we got pregnant, Shane got laid off, Shane got a job and we found out that we are having a son. Whew! What a year....but you know what, I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING. I have learned the true meaning of love in this last year. Shane has taught me so much in one year and I am thankful for every moment I am his wife.

Here's a flashback to our special day for those that may have missed it. We were worried it would snow (ahem, like yesterday), it was definitely cold, but the skies were clear blue and sunny. We both woke up to a room filled with our favorite people, our bridesmaids and groomsmen - we got ready and met each other at a bridge away from the wedding location. It was perfect. Our entire wedding was absolutely perfect. From the heartfelt ceremony officiated by my step-dad Gary, the flowers, the decor, the music, the love in the room, the food, the dancing, the speeches, I could go on and on - I would not change a thing!
Thank you for reading, writing it out really allows me to envision our special day....the day I became Mrs. Makanani :)




























No comments: