How far along?: 25 weeks
Total weight gain: Still 14 pounds
How big is baby?: 13 inches long, 1.5 pounds
Maternity clothes?: Yep, I think that's all I wear now
Stretch marks?: Nope
Sleep?: Jackson has been moving around at 2am - so that wakes me up.
Best moment this week?: Being a part of the Uttech family's newest edition (Scarlett is born!).
Movement?: All day and all night
Food cravings?: Waffles with coconut syrup
Labor signs?: Nada
Belly button in or out?: Flat, but trying to pop
What I miss: Not having to pee 4 times from one glass of water
What I'm looking forward to: Finishing up the nursery
Weekly Wisdom: If you get a chance, watch your husband/wife hold a newborn.
Milestone: I finally feel like this is real.
What a great week this was, my good friend Diandra gave birth to her baby girl, Scarlett. She was originally told that she would probably have Scarlett pre-term, and here she was at close to 38 weeks and no Scarlett in sight! I had offered to babysit Diandra's son Logan who is 20 months and Bella, 6 years old, when the time came for Scarlett's arrival. So Friday, Scarlett decided to make her grand entrance. I feel so blessed to have been in such close contact with Diandra during her entire childbirth experience- it was good prep for what is to come for Shane and I in 3 months.
She called me first thing in the morning indicating her contractions were strong and close, then she text me when she got to the hospital, when she got her epidural and when she was close to having Scarlett. She did this all because I was lucky enough to watch her kids and give them the updates on when Scarlett would be here! Although I wasn't actually there at the hospital, I felt like I was able to experience one of life's miracles. Scarlett arrived at 5:18pm and I quickly brought the Uttech kids to the hospital to see their little sister. All I can say, is that I was a big bag of emotions crying all over the place! What a special moment to see a baby that is only HOURS old! It definitely made me realize how real this journey is, and that in 3 months I will be the one with an hour old baby watching my friends cry out of happiness......
2 comments:
14 pounds? You lucky, lucky girl. You look amazing! How awesome that you were able to be such a special part of your friends childbirth and help out with their older kids, I'm sure they really appreciated you :) I love reading your weekly updates, so thanks for sharing!
How can we EVER thank you enough, for watching the kids....pregnant!?!?? That was the worlds longest, UNPAID babysitting job-ever!! We are forever grateful!!!
And I was thinking, if you still need a job, you should look into maternity MODELING!!! Seriously! You have the cutest bump, you look adorable!!! We cannot wait to meet Jackson!
Thank you for being one of the BEST friends anyone could ever ask for.... Lots of love!! Diandra and family =D
Post a Comment