Monday, March 29, 2010

Ahhhhhhhhh Organization

Clutter – the word should be considered a 4-letter word in our home. I don’t like it, never have,  never will.  So this weekend, we banished it from 2 rooms in our house.

I have always been somewhat of a neat-freak, very organized and never kept anything I could live without.  This has been very easy for me, considering in the last 10 years I have moved 14 times. With each move, I was able to evaluate what I have, and what I don’t need. So, when we moved into our home and Shane gave me the reigns – I went NUTS organizing.

Well, in the last 8 months my organizing has gone to hell in a hand-basket. It bugs me EVERY.DAMN.DAY. [For those that aren’t organized, imagine having 20 extra pounds on you that you are dying to get rid of. You see it everyday, know it needs to go, you know how to get it off, you just can’t get motivated]. This is me with organization. When Jackson was born and started to become more than just a pet rock, we made our den/office area the play area.  Began collecting fun toys, the exersaucer, jumperoo, etc. Our guest bedroom became our “dumping room” which meant anything that didn’t have a place went there. This bugged me.

On the brim of Jackson & Kea becoming mobile and having a free Saturday – we decided we needed to get organized.  Our goal: To make the den area the official playroom and the spare bedroom, the office. Separate rooms with lots of organization.

A trip to IKEA was a must.

Here are the before and after photos:

DEN BEFORE:
IMG_9853
DEN AFTER:
IMG_9926


DEN BEFORE:
IMG_9855

DEN AFTER:
IMG_9925

DEN AFTER:
IMG_9927

OFFICE BEFORE:
IMG_9856

OFFICE AFTER:
IMG_9929

2 comments:

Amanda Klein said...

Looks great! If you don't mind my asking what was the total cost?

Thanks!

The Story of Us said...

Total cost to re-organize (stuff from IKEA) was $157.