Friday, March 12, 2010

Heavenly towel

I don’t know where I got this from, how I became a towel snob.  We were never rich growing up, I never had fancy towels – I can honestly say, I probably used the same towels (washed of course) from the time I was 5-18 years old.

It was the day I discovered the Hotel Collection towels at Macy’s. We were registering for our wedding gifts and I found them. I hugged them and I think may have kissed them too. Shane, in utter-embarrassment quickly scanned the towels and moved along….without me. I can honestly say that the day I checked our registry and noticed that the towels had been purchased, it was one of the happiest days ever – and then when I received them (from my mother-in-law), I almost died. I cried.

I started to use them immediately (BIG MISTAKE), until I discovered that our apartment we were living in was mold infested.  Suffice to say, my towels were ruined. I cried.

Since then, I haven’t been able of buy more Hotel Collection towels. Money is tight, and that is a luxury we can’t afford right now. I have had to use *shudder* our cheap JC Penney towels that were on sale for $5 a towel.  Until March 8th……

My husband, the man of my dreams, really listened to my “needs” and got me my Hotel Collection towels for our anniversary. Since this years traditional gift is cotton, he did a job well done.  I think I cried again.

If you ever want the best towels on earth, wait for Macy’s to have a home sale and purchase one of these towels. Even if it’s just one – all of your other towels will feel like sandpaper compared to these towels.

I am in Heaven right now…….

IMG_9193

IMG_9196 IMG_9199

IMG_9197

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Brieanne, I just have to say that your husband is a very amazing man!:) To intuitively know how much you love that towels? To know that the 2 year anniversary gift is cotton??! I'm gonna have to check those out next time I'm at Macy's.