Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The day has come…..

The day that I have been dreading for 7 months, the day that I knew had to happen, the day that makes me want to have a panic attack just thinking about it, the day we have our first overnight without Jackson. The day is Saturday.

Sure, I’m being over-dramatic – but this is how I feel. We have never had a night away from Jackson, and although he is sleep-trained and I know in my head he will do just fine, it’s my heart that hurts.  There are many reasons to why this is hard for me; maybe it’s because I’m scared he’ll need me, or that I am going to miss our early morning nursing time, or that he will wonder why his Daddy isn’t reading him his bedtime story. Most likely, none of this will happen – but my head just keeps going and going.  I can’t turn it off.

Jackson will be in GREAT hands. He will be staying with my mom & Gary – and the reassurance is that they have been watching him almost every Friday since he was a month old. They have generously changed out one of the rooms in their house to become a nursery. They are all set up and ready to go.

The reason why we have to do this is because Shane and I made a vow to one another when we decided to start our family, that we would always put each other and our marriage first. That we would not forget about where we started, and why we fell in love.  For this reason, we are going overnight to celebrate our 2nd Anniversary. We won’t be too far, just in downtown Seattle – but it feels like we will be across the country!

Wish us luck that we (er, I mean Jackson) do just fine. We have a romantic 24 hours planned for ourselves and are going to enjoy the time we have away – I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How was it? Did you survive? We had ours and although I cried a ton before he left, we had a great time. It was much needed and it really made me appreciate R more and fall in love with DH all over again.