No, that isn’t Jackson’s Indian name – he has decided that he wants to stand up in his crib, which inevitably led to a bloody lip.
Jackson officially pulled himself up last Wednesday while my mom & Gary were over for dinner. I missed it, but Shane & Gary caught it. Of course, we couldn’t get him to do it again until Saturday…..when he pulled himself up during naptime. I put Jackson down for his nap, only to hear him babbling 15 minutes later. When I peeked into his room – there he was, standing up against the sleigh part of his crib (facing the window). I immediately pulled him down and nixed naptime (he obviously wasn’t tired). Since we had a SUPER busy day on Saturday, there was no time to lower the crib mattress, and he was staying the night at Grandma & Grandpa’s anyway.
Then of course, Sunday he crawled and we forgot all about the “standing incident”.
Come Monday, Jackson is “napping” and I hear a loud “THUNK” and then crying. I went in and Jackson was sitting in his “standing area” hysterical….with a bloody lip. He tried to pull himself up and hit his gums/tooth on the way down. Poor guy! We lowered his crib that night…..
1 comment:
Oh, poor little guy. I guess that's a lesson to all of us! We keep saying we need to lower her crib...now we will.
Post a Comment