Tuesday, June 22, 2010

11 Months

IMG_2584

Somebody! PLEASE! HELP! STOP TIME!  This is my last check in before Jackson turns 1 YEAR OLD!!!! And I have to admit, I’ve already cried today…..twice.  I love watching Jackson grow up, especially in the last couple of months – but in 30 days, he won’t be a baby anymore, he’ll be a *shudder* toddler.  I know, I know – once he gets there I am going to absolutely LOVE it….but until then, I am hanging onto the hope that he will stay a baby forever ;)

At eleven months, Jackson is right on track as to where we thought he would be. We know every baby is different, but we are enjoying watching him do/explore new things. Here is some of the newest:

*Words he can say: Whoa! Okay, Dadda, Hi, and he puts something together that sounds like “WhyIaudda” and “EeyiEeyiOh”

*Purees have officially been retired!  Table food is all he ever eats now (post on that later) and he loves it. Try spoon feeding him and he’ll raspberry it all over the place.

*He wants to walk SOOOOO bad!  He will take a few steps, then fall, then try it all over again……200 times.

*Wearing 12-18 month clothing.

*Has a sleepover with Grammi & Grandpa at least once a month.

*Although he is still EBF (exclusively breastfed), we have pretty much retired the bottles. He doesn’t like them – so any milk he gets is from his sippy cup or…..me.

*Jackson is very outdoorsy! He LOVES going outside, even if it’s to just sit on the steps on the front porch. He screams when we go back in.

*And while loving being outdoorsy – he has killed his first living thing…a worm. Sad!

*Definitely a boy this kid – LOVES wheels. Any of his toys that have wheels, he immediately flips it over and plays with the wheels.

*Say hi to Jackson, and he will wave at you.

*Clapping his hands ALL THE TIME.

*He has learned how to open up the kitchen cupboards and as soon as the fridge opens – you bet he is RIGHT there playing with the salad dressing bottles!

*Can reach the doorknobs.

*Bath time has become a struggle. Since he has outgrown Howard, the duck he is in the big boy tub. He wants to stand up, walk and crawl in the tub. Do they make water-proof straight jackets for babies?

IMG_2538 IMG_2543 IMG_2557 IMG_2570 IMG_2573 IMG_2572 IMG_2547

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He is so handsome! Is it just me or do these babies really seem to jam a whole lot of milestones into these last few months of infancy?! But I totally agree with you and I LOVE watching them do new thinks and explore their world.