Tuesday, June 29, 2010

First “Big Boy” Haircut

Yesterday Jackson got his first “real” haircut!  Since birth, he has received 5 “trims” to his mop,  but it was time to really cut it.

I have had a hard time with deciding when to cut it. Originally, Shane and I had agreed on waiting until a week before his first birthday to do it – but after last weekends heat wave, we knew it was time. Poor little guy was sweating so much!  We felt horrible for him, and it was clear that he was over it.

Luckily, Jackson’s hairstylist, Diandra was free yesterday to cut his hair. At first I asked her to “just” take off an inch or two (the length was about 4 inches long) just to see what it would look like.  Once she cut it, and knowing how fast it grows, I knew we had to go shorter……so we did! Eeeekkkkk!

Jackson did so good, and Diandra’s son Logan was super helpful in keeping him entertained.

I’m not gonna lie, I cried a little bit…seeing my baby change into a big boy right before my eyes….

BEFORE                                                   AFTER
IMG_2928 IMG_2936 IMG_2929 IMG_2932 IMG_2938 IMG_2941 IMG_2943 IMG_2944

Thank you Diandra for being so patient with the both of us, and taking such good care of my…….toddler!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just when I thought he couldn't get any cute...he did! Such a handsome cut!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You are so welcome!!! Jackson is a great client ;) And wow, how proud am I, that my son is diggin for gold in the background of the cutest picture (you posted) of Jackson?!?!? That's my boy!! Hahahaaa!!!