Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sunriver

This last weekend we took our first official family road trip. We’ve been planning it for MONTHS, and the day has finally arrived – our cousin, Mercedes’ high school graduation.  Mercedes graduated from Bend High School, but lives in Sunriver (only for the next month) – so we stayed at the Sunriver resort.  Whenever I pictured Sunriver/Bend, I always thought of BFE, the middle of nowhere, nothingness……I was pleasantly surprised  - it was absolutely beautiful.

I have to admit, Shane and I were pretty scared to go on this road trip, Jackson being stuck in the car for 8-9 hours…..YUCK!  But, he did really well. I asked my fellow facebook friends for some advice and I followed them all. 

*Leave SUPER early in the morning – check
*Bring new snacks – check
*Bring new toys – check
*Make lots of stops along the way – check


The trip down was great, and Jackson didn’t cry once – love this kid.

I won’t go over every detail of the 4 days we were in Sunriver, but I’ll post some of my favorite photos (I took a total of 250). The trip was very relaxing, great times spent, beautiful scenery and most of all great company. I am so blessed to have married into such a wonderful family – I love them SO much!

First Nap
IMG_2023 
We let him get out and stretch his legs.
IMG_2043 IMG_2049
Taco Bell parking lot – Shane is changing him (cause there was nowhere to change him) and I am pumping while taking the photo. Jackson would NOT nurse in the car!!!!!
IMG_2052 IMG_2055
Everyone settling in on the back deck
IMG_2061 It’s gonna be one of THOSE nights…..
IMG_2072 IMG_2075 IMG_2074
That’s okay, because we have SAUSAGE GRAVY for breakfast….YUMMMMMMMMM!
IMG_2078 Then we found the bikes…..I have never seen my father-in-law OR husband ride a bike….this was fun….
IMG_2082 IMG_2088
Papa got Jackson his own ride
IMG_2096 IMG_2097
Jackson and Kea went on a walk with the Daddys and Nana….
IMG_2106 Jackson got to meet and bond with his Auntie Fallon
IMG_2134 IMG_2137
Then…..we eat…….
IMG_2146 
And Jackson sings with Papa
IMG_2180 IMG_2182
Paka’s baseball game
IMG_2194 IMG_2186 IMG_2202 IMG_2193 IMG_2197 IMG_2212 
IMG_2189IMG_2216
Mercedes’ Graduation
IMG_2249 IMG_2263 IMG_2275 IMG_2267
Rob, Mercedes and Lea – PROUD parents is an understatement….
IMG_2270
Mercedes & Niki  - college roommates…..
IMG_2276 IMG_2277
Saying goodbye to the house we stayed in…
IMG_2290
But taking in the beauty that is Sunriver….
IMG_2287
IMG_2222

Congratulations Mercedes Noelani Rodriguez! We are so proud of you!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like it was such a great family get together! I'm very impressed with how well Jackson did on the car trip. I would have been terrified!
Your son is so adorable...he looks a lot like your husband's family!