This day is super emotional for me, because I am so blessed to have quite a few wonderful men in my life to call a “Father”.
First and foremost, though, this day was very important to me because it’s the first Father’s Day for my husband, Shane. He has FAR exceeded any expectations I had for the Father of my child. He is loving, doting, proud, patient, loving, caring. He wants to do new things and teach Jackson new things. He will never pass up an opportunity to just watch Jackson’s wheels turn, or do something spastic. He enjoys making Jackson laugh and in turn, his face lights up when Jackson makes him laugh. I could honestly go on and on about what an amazing Father Shane is, I am truly blessed.
We started out the day with me making Shane his favorite breakfast, a breakfast scramble. From there, Shane opened up his gift from me & Jackson:
Shane has been talking about wanting to get Jackson’s name tattoo’d on him since before he was born. Well, as many of you know, $$$ is tight, and a tattoo is an added expensive. Well, I saved for quite a few months – and got him a gift certificate for a tattoo! He was shocked at first and then really excited!
We then went over to my mom & Gary’s house to celebrate over brunch.
Jackson picked out the BEST gift for Grandpa Sogn– a popsicle maker. We figured that this is something that Jackson and Grandpa can do together this summer.
After brunch with the Sogn/Edwards clan, we went back home to take a family nap and then headed over to the Makanani house to celebrate.
Jackson got Papa a vegetable basket for the grill. Jackson is hoping that one day, Papa can teach him how to grill.
Overall it was a great day. I am so glad I got to take a day to celebrate the dads in my life. The only thing that would have made the day that much better was if my dad was in town. He did however have an awesome time at the US Open – which is all I could have hoped for him!
Happy Father’s Day to all of the dads out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment