Yesterday, March 8th, Shane and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. I had a PERFECT plan set for the day – a day that I had been planning for weeks……until the VICIOUS flu arrived at our house on Monday morning, hitting Shane pretty hard.
We were awoken by a very upset toddler at 4:45am moaning and groaning. When I went into his room, he clung to me, hysterically crying and screaming, “Mamaaaaaa! Daddyyyyyy!” I knew something was wrong. 30 minutes later, BARF EVERYWHERE. All over our bedroom carpet. Sweet. So I stayed home from work and nursed both Shane and Jackson.
At 2ish, I asked Shane if he still wanted to go out to dinner, a tradition that we like to keep. He said yes, but with a green face. So we went…..45 minutes later it was time to leave, my poor husband was done – and he slept the whole car ride home.
Shane was such a good sport during dinner, and even when we got home when his dinner came back up – he still kept a smile on his face (he didn’t want to “disappoint” me). I kept reassuring him that this is life – and as long as I got to spend the evening with him, and our son was safe (with Grammi) that’s ALL that mattered. We will get to celebrate 40+ more of these – so what’s wrong with one being a little different?
This anniversary is one we will definitely remember.
Dinner at Palisade
Our anniversary tradition
Tiger Prawns for Brianne
Prime Rib for Shane (bad choice – shoulda gone with something he hated to eat – he saw it an hour later)
I had our wedding cake (white cake with coconut buttercream frosting) recreated by our original cake baker (Cake Envy). LOVE her cakes – so delicious!!!
Our traditional picture
This year the traditional gift was LEATHER. So I got Shane something he’s wanted FOREVER – Nike AirForce1’s. He was so excited!
Shane got me a business card holder. He didn’t think it was appropriate for a “new business owner” to be carrying around my biz cards in a coupon book……
He also got me a personalized recipe book – so awesome considering all my recipes are scattered (and stained)above the oven.
“Mama” is what Jackson calls me. I absolutely LOVE it – so thoughtful!
We also made a pact to one another that on our 5th year anniversary we are going to go BIG – well we are going to “go away” for a 4-day weekend. We deserve it considering our last trip together was our honeymoon in 2008. By March 8, 2013 – Jackson will be 3 1/2 and Malia will be almost 2. I think I will be okay to leave my babies……stay tuned :)
1 comment:
Oh, sad :( I hope everyone is feeling better now.
I love that you had your wedding cake duplicated...what a treat! And your gifts to each other are so thoughtful. I don't think we even exchanged gifts for our last anniversary.
Post a Comment