Yesterday was a beautiful day in Seattle – and it was the first day in a LONG time that our little family had an open day on our calendar. I was determined to spend it out and about, as a family and of course, to find something fun and cost efficient. I went on a hunt and found HALF OFF WOODLAND PARK ZOO on Seattle Moms Deal Finder blog I subscribe to. Can’t beat 50% off for adults and Jackson FREE!
We all changed our clothes (into green) and were out the door! We weren’t sure how Jackson would like the zoo – but we know how much he loves being outside – so it was pretty much a done deal. These are the kind of days I have dreamt about for years; me, my husband and my kid(s) all enjoying each other and the time we have with one another. Jackson was cracking us up by all of the sounds & reactions he would make when he would see an animal and would melt our hearts by his silence when he’d just observe each individual animal.
Here are my favorite photos of the day:
I asked Jackson what a LION says. He ROARED!!!!!
At the Orangutan exhibit, we noticed a girl with a notepad sitting at the window and the Orangutan about 15 feet from the window. She said that she studies the interaction between humans and orangutans and mentioned that if anyone had a purse, to open it up and the (female) orangutan would come over and request to look through my purse. Since I have everything but the kitchen sink in my purse I happily volunteered. Shane got it all on video. So interesting!
We can’t WAIT to take him to the aquarium…..just need a coupon for that. GEEZ, it’s SO expensive to go there full price!!!
1 comment:
That video is adorable! What a treat, I have a membership to Woodland and have never had that experience!
Post a Comment